Mou-shee, moh-kee, or moh-ji – how the heck do you say it? Sure, it’s a little weird (let’s face it – dough and ice cream is weird), but let’s dig into the details of this seriously, strangely satisfying snack to fully understand mochi pronunciation.
Yes, mochi ice cream is so hot right now but it has feelings too. There’s so much more to this favorite sweet snack that we can’t pronounce:
- Mochi has a looooong history in Japanese culture (rewind to 1,200 years ago) and was once considered sacred. Can we get a hallelujah?
- The ooey, gooeyness of mochi is thanks to a sticky rice called “mochigome.” The old-school way of making mochi is by pounding this glutinous rice into a paste, then molding it into different shapes and sizes. Arts and crafts, anyone?
- Not all mochi is created equal. Aside from mochi ice cream, did you know that mochi can be eaten with seaweed, vegetable and seafood and can be sautéed, grilled or baked? Mind. Blown.
In conclusion, these pillowy balls of goodness – correctly pronounced as “moh-chee” — are so much more. Respect the balls!
Here’s a math problem: what is the sum of premium ice cream and pillowy, soft and sticky rice dough? Hint: it’s gluten free mochi ice cream — a deliciously doughy, satisfying ice creamy snack — that dreams are made of.
Calling all snackers: here’s a new way to experience ice cream. ALL fabulous flavors of My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream are gluten free, from Green Tea to Sweet Mango to Cookies & Cream. These colorful snacks are perfectly portable and poppable – made with the best ingredients and only 110 calories per serving. Each ball of My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream is a majestic marriage of:
- Marvelously mouthwatering premium ice cream (deliciousness)
- Ooey, gooey dough made out of sweet rice flour (mochi)
- Lots and lots of love!
Also popping up in grocery stores near you: My/Mo Mochi Cashew Cream Frozen Dessert! They’re non-dairy and vegan. Goodbye dairy, hello cashew cream. These 90-100 calorie balls of goodness offer the same undeniable creaminess and amazing taste that you’ll find in regular ice cream. Flavors of My/Mo Mochi Cashew Cream Frozen Dessert include Strawberry, Salted Caramel, Chocolate and Vanilla.
These non-dairy, vegan frozen snacks are also gluten free mochi. Hallelujah!
Too good to be true? Check out the My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream store locator to find the nearest grocery stores that sell these delectable and delicious gluten free mochi snacks. It’ll blow your mouth’s mind.